Planning for retirement
May 01, 2020
Every investor has his or her own reasons for saving. For many, their ultimate goal, or point B, is retirement. You know that every financial decision you make should be with point B in mind, but it’s easy to get distracted by questions about how things like recessions, interest rates or volatility affect your investments. The truth is that all of these concerns are really pointing to the same question – “Will I have enough money to last me throughout my retirement?”
This entry of EdgePoint Academy focuses on retirement, specifically on topics and issues faced by investors preparing to retire or already there. Over the next few months, we’ll publish a series of articles covering the following topics:
- Are your retirement savings on track? Compound your money, not your problems.
- The big day has arrived: having the right investments can help meet your retirement income needs.
- The retirement income balancing act: the impact of withdrawal rates.
- Sequence of returns: a risk worth learning about.
- Your retirement preparedness temperature check.